Use Rolling Series for guest follow up, go at your own pace devotionals, and more!
Rolling Series are messages that go out in the order they are set up. To subscribe, someone texts in the associated keywords. Messages then go out based on the day someone subscribes. If Joe subscribes on Tuesday and message 2 is set for Day 2, he will get message 1 Tuesday and message 2 Wednesday; if Sally subscribes on the following Thursday, she will get message 1 that Thursday and message 2 that Friday, so no one misses the full content.
Use Fixed Series to set up church wide devotionals, holiday devotionals, and more!
Fixed series are messages that go out in the order they are set up and are based on exact date. To subscribe, someone texts in the associated keywords. Messages then go out based on the date they are scheduled for so everyone receives the same message at the same time. Keep in mind if someone subscribes late, they will miss the content sent prior to their subscription date.
Setting up a Series
1. Under your Engage menu, navigate to Outbound and Series. Then click Create a Series.
2. Name the Series. Select Rolling or Fixed for the type of Series.
3. Set up a keyword(s) - this is what someone texts in to subscribe to the Series. Next, write a description for the Series. This description is for internal use only; no subscribers will see it.
4. Create your "Message sent when subscribed". This message is the automatic reply a person will receive when they text the series keyword into your Gloo phone number.
5. Click Create.
5. Click Add New Message to start adding content to your Series.
6. Click Create your first message.
7. Create your message content. The icons underneath can be used to shorten URL's, personalize the message with recipients' names, and add images.
Important: Make sure to select the correct Series type (Rolling or Fixed) before beginning to create your content. You will not be able to change types once you've added additional messages.
8. For Rolling Series - Edit the day and time you want the messages to go out. Remember, days are relative to the subscription date, which is counted as Day 0.
For Fixed Series - Select the date and time you want the message to go out. If someone subscribes after the date of a scheduled message, they will not receive that content, but only the content scheduled after the subscription date.
9. Click Add New Message and continue adding messages and content for whatever length you want the Series to be.
10. Click Save to save your changes.
11. Make sure your Series is turned on to make the keywords live and ready for people to text in.
Managing your Series
Delete any of the messages by clicking the red trash can.
Turn any series on or off by clicking the green toggle button.
Note: Turning off a Series will stop new users from subscribing, but those already subscribed will get to finish it!
Delete any series by hitting the red "Delete" button.
Edit any of the series details by clicking the blue "Edit" button.
Refresh the series information to see updated subscribers in real time.
View any subscribers.
You can see the Message number someone is on for Rolling Series.
You can see if someone is active for Fixed Series.
You can export a list of series subscribers and related information.
1. Click the three dots next to "Subscribers." Click "Export People."
You can automatically add series subscribers to a group easily.
1. Click the three dots next to "Subscribers." Click "Add People to Group."
2. Select the group you want these subscribers to be added to. Click "Add to Group."
You can also add people to a group using Effects. Add effects to your series easily to simplify your job.
1. Click "Add Effect."
2. Choose which Effect(s) you want to accomplish by someone texting in your series keyword. Then click "Create".
Note: If someone texts in to subscribe to a Series as their FIRST text in, Gloo will respond with your message that's sent when subscribed and automatically amend the response sent back with onboarding path 1.
You'll never have to worry about someone falling through the cracks no matter what they text in the first time!