If you don’t have a church management system, or you don't want to integrate with your church management system, a CSV upload is a great way to quickly populate your Gloo account with people.
You can import a CSV file by going to your Engage menu and navigating to Settings -> Integrations. Click the green Import button.
How do I import people using a CSV file?
1. Download the template to input the information in the appropriate format for an upload.
2. Enter each person's information into the CSV template in this format.
Note that Phone Number and First Name are required- all other fields are optional.
Even if you don't use a particular column for any of your contacts, such as the optional Address column, don't delete the column completely or it will cause an error. Simply leave that column blank.
3. Upload the document and then click Continue.
4. Match the group names in your CSV document to the correlating groups in your Gloo account. If those groups don't exist yet in your Gloo account, you can create them here. Then click Continue.
5. Ensure there are no errors. Then click Continue.
6. Verify that the information is correct. Then click Continue.
7. Verify you have permission to text the phone numbers you are importing and click Yes, Import People to finalize your import.
Once confirmed, the numbers will populate under the People tab.
You can also update people's information using a csv upload! If you upload a csv file that has contacts that already exist in your Gloo account, rather than creating duplicate contacts the system will simply update any information that you've changed. For example, you can use a csv upload to update people's email addresses, or add mass people into groups.
Important: The only piece of information that cannot be updated via a csv upload is a person's phone number. In order to update a phone number, you must go into their profile in the People tab and make the change there. If you try to make that change by uploading a csv, the system will create a brand new person attached to that phone number.